Aliens hired to work in PH but still abroad may now be given work Visas

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) has announced that foreigners currently living abroad who are hired by Philippine employers to work in the Philippines will now be able to apply in advance for the 9(g) work visas before entering the country. The visa could also be issued to foreign workers who use their expertise in foreign-funded government agencies such as transportation and infrastructure, according to the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF). However, he also stressed that the employers of these foreign workers must apply for an Alien Employment Permit (AEP) with the Bureau of Labor, just as in the case of foreigners who were previously issued 9(g) visas. Those who fail to secure an AEP will not qualify for a 9(g) visa and the employer's application for visa issuance will be denied outright by the Bureau. After approval by the BI, the order granting the visa is sent to the Consular Section of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), which in turn sends it to the the foreign service post (FSP) abroad where the applicant is located; the FSP issues a 9(g) visa to the applicant, who must travel to the Philippines within 90 days, and upon arrival in the Philippines, the visa is issued and registered at the BI main office.


Main Article Here.


Download Bureau-of-immigration.png  (PNG • 304 KB)
Share this page Share on FacebookShare on Linkedin

Join our network